The number of telecom and mobility expense management providers in today’s marketplace is indicative of how quickly even the most modest mobility plans can accumulate skyrocketing costs.
Midmarket CIOs carefully monitoring their bottom lines while angling to stay competitive in their industry are short on time to rifle through hundreds of pages of monthly usage statements. They repeatedly share their need for trusted business partners – not just service providers – in their corners.
Mike Saxby brought his experience as President of Communication Management Services Inc. (CMS) where he built a managed mobility practice to the VP of Business Development role at Cellular Optimization two years ago.
“We strive to be the single source for all of our clients corporate mobility needs,” Saxby said. “The combination of our unique proprietary software and our experienced team enables us to provide the most accurate, efficient mobility optimization and lifecycle management possible, significantly reducing our client’s costs while adding operational efficiencies.”
8 Tips to Reduce Mobile Costs
- Perform an audit each bill cycle to look for overages, misaligned plans/features, excessive usage, underutilized buffer, etc.
- Identify lines that have zero or minimal usage for cancellation/suspension each month.
- Look at each employee to see if they have multiple lines with similar services that can be consolidated.
- Perform usage based weighted allocation so you can understand the true cost of each line. Wireless carriers hide charges at the account level misrepresenting actual line level costs.
- Communicate to employees every month their actual costs and consumption. This doesn’t need to be negative communication. By providing visibility to your employee’s their usage and costs will decrease.
- Re-negotiate your carrier agreement OFTEN! Yes, it is a two-year agreement but ask for annual updates.
- Force your wireless rep to review your account every month. They should constantly be providing cost savings recommendations.
- Search the Internet for new plans and features. Set-up Google alerts!
Cellular Optimization, LLC has been helping businesses around the world better manage their corporate-liable mobility assets for over 10 years. Our experienced team utilizes proprietary optimization technology and processes to significantly reduce your monthly wireless expenses without requiring a provider change or affecting your end users’ experience, and handles lifecycle management activities – such as inventory management, device procurement and carrier negotiation activities – on your behalf. Customized reporting provides granular visibility into all your mobility expenditures, which further improves operational efficiencies. Our performance based pricing model requires no upfront investment, so if we don’t perform, you don’t pay!