Compromised mission-critical systems spell disaster for a company. When disaster strikes, the key to recovery is having a move-forward plan. Are you confident in your company’s disaster recovery plan? In desperate times, can you gain access to and restore critical business systems and access essential data? Do your employees know how to proceed?
In an uncertain world, disaster recovery is crucial to weathering the storm. No matter how successful a business may be, the unexpected can wreak havoc for companies not prepared for the worst. Natural disasters and technological issues can threaten the security of your business and risk both revenue and time.
Clear communication between employees, coupled with a proactive plan to restore and move forward, will save you valuable time and safeguard critical data should a disaster occur. The following lists will help you formulate a business continuity plan to pick up the pieces after a calamity or, if you already have one, improve the plan you already have in place.
Five types of Disaster Recovery
- On-Premise Data Centers
- Off-Premise Data Centers
- DR as a Service
- Cloud-based DR
- Virtual DR
Five Critical Disaster Recovery Steps
- Assess the most basic needs
- Implement safeguards
- Establish an employee plan
- Communicate with customers
- Get executive buy-in of your DR Strategy
Five Disaster Recovery Solution Providers from the Spring MIDMRKT CIO Forum
- Mimecast – 2019 MIDMRKT CIO Forum Best in Show, Finalist
- Scale Computing – 2019 MIDMRKT CIO Forum Best in Show, Finalist
- Netreo – 2018 CIO Forum, Best Midmarket Strategy, Select Sponsor, Finalist
- Soaring Eagle Database Consulting